Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Many Struggles of Acting

When most people hear that I want to become an actress, I can already assume what they're thinking before they even say anything, "hah! yeah so does the rest of the world!", "good luck with that!", "yeah, with what experience?". And they may be true but I've decided to at least give it a try.. My reason behind that is simply because I don't want to regret when I'm older. I've wanted to give acting a shot since I was at least eight but I didn't actually do anything about it until recently, and yes I do regret it. You may be thinking, well why didn't you tell anyone if you wanted it so bad? Well, I was embarrassed to tell anyone and honestly I didn't think I would even be very good at it.



This career often seems impossible. Acting is a hard job that is pretty competitive, many people want it and many people have the talent for it. Then I come in and to be honest I don't have a lot of experience. Even if I did pursue it where do I even begin? Do I start auditioning for commercials because that is the only way you get your face out there? Do I get an agent, but in order to do that you need head shots and a resume which cost money? And even if I did do that what would I even put on my resume? This was a lot for me to take in and it would be easier to just give up at this point.



Acting is often discouraging and I do sometimes think, what's the point of even trying when I could focus on other things. Well, I really enjoy acting and at the end of the day that's what is important. But these struggles don't just apply to acting, you are going to face struggles no matter what, because it's a part of life. So, if everyone gave up people wouldn't be able to achieve their potential. And even if you do fail or don't make it I believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe it just wasn't meant to be. But the things you acquire along the way could end up helping you in the long run.



No comments:

Post a Comment